If you have had Introduction to Disaster Relief and / or any specialized classes, and your class certification has expired or will expire this year, please take the opportunity and get re-certified, so that you may be able to serve when a disaster occurs. If you take Introduction to Disaster Relief, you need to recertify every 3 years, regardless of activation. To take Recertification class, you must be an existing volunteer.
• Training Cost Information
• Training Facts
• Specialized Class Descriptions
Click on the heading of each individual training event below for more information:
- This event has passed.
Chaplaincy – Lexington (West TN)
January 14, 2022@5:30 pm-January 15, 2022@3:00 pm
January 14-15, 2022 – First Baptist Church, 50 Stanford Avenue, Lexington, TN 38351. To pre-register for this class, contact Beech River Baptist Association at (731) 968-7071 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please preregister by Tuesday, January 11, so that we can supply you with the proper training materials.
Disaster Relief Chaplaincy Class – This training will be the introductory course for those who would like to become a chaplain or as a refresher for those who are already trained as DR Chaplains.
Friday – 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday – 8:15 a.m. until … finished (approx. 2:00 p.m.). Lunch will be available for purchase at the BX on Saturday.
REMEMBER THERE ARE PREREQUISTES:
1. You have taken the Introduction to Disaster Relief in the last three years.
2. You have downloaded and read the new introduction to DR Chaplaincy manual, DR_Chaplain Training Manual_2016– click here. You are responsible for printing your own personal copy and for having READ THIS MANUAL before the training.
3. You have registered.
4. You are among the first 25 people who register.
5. You have a letter of recommendation from your pastor. THIS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE THE TRAINING.
1) Select the form – 2021 Record of Volunteer Training – fillable
2) Fill in all the blanks that are shaded in blue.
3) Print the form AND initial and sign in the required places.
4) Bring the completed forms with you to training.
By typing these forms, you are helping us save time with data entry and increasing our accuracy of keeping your records.