If you have had Introduction to Disaster Relief and / or any specialized classes, and your class certification has expired or will expire this year, please take the opportunity and get re-certified, so that you may be able to serve when a disaster occurs.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR ALL CLASSES TO HELP US WITH EITHER CLASSROOM MATERIALS AND/OR MEAL COUNTS.
If you take Introduction to Disaster Relief, you need to recertify every 3 years, regardless of activation. To take Recertification class, you must be an existing volunteer.
Click on the heading of each individual training event below for more information:
- This event has passed.
Chaplaincy Training (during Regional Training) – Nashville (Middle TN)
February 18@5:30 pm-February 19@3:00 pm
February 18-19, 2022 – Judson Baptist Church, 4900 Franklin Pike, Nashville, TN 37220.
Disaster Relief Chaplaincy Class – This training will be the introductory course for those who would like to become a chaplain or as a refresher for those who are already trained as DR Chaplains.
Friday – 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday – 8:15 a.m. until finished (approx. 2:00 p.m.); Lunch will be provided on Saturday at $6/person and there will be breaks.
REGISTER ONLINE – click here.
Please pre-register by Monday, February 14, so that we can supply you with the proper training materials and/or lunch count on Saturday.
2022 Regional Training Agenda – Middle – click here
REMEMBER THERE ARE PREREQUISTES:
1. You have taken the Introduction to Disaster Relief in the last three years.
2. You have downloaded and read the new introduction to DR Chaplaincy manual, DR_Chaplain Training Manual_2016– click here. You are responsible for printing your own personal copy and for having READ THIS MANUAL before the training.
3. You have registered.
4. You are among the first 40 people who register.
5. You have a letter of recommendation from your pastor. THIS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE THE TRAINING.
1) Select the form – 2021 Record of Volunteer Training – fillable
2) Fill in all the blanks that are shaded in blue.
3) Print the form AND initial and sign in the required places.
4) Bring the completed forms with you to training.
By typing these forms, you are helping us save time with data entry and increasing our accuracy of keeping your records.