If you have had Introduction to Disaster Relief and / or any specialized classes, and your class certification has expired or will expire this year, please take the opportunity and get re-certified, so that you may be able to serve when a disaster occurs.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR ALL CLASSES TO HELP US WITH EITHER CLASSROOM MATERIALS AND/OR MEAL COUNTS.
If you take Introduction to Disaster Relief, you need to recertify every 3 years, regardless of activation. To take Recertification class, you must be an existing volunteer.
Click on the heading of each individual training event below for more information:
- This event has passed.
Hands-On Specialized Classes – Mt. Juliet (Middle)
October 16@7:30 am-4:00 pm
October 16, 2021 – Missions Mobilization Center, 6434 John Hagar Road, Mt. Juliet, TN, 37122. To pre-register for this class, REGISTER ONLINE – click here. For questions, contact Elizabeth Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please preregister by Tuesday, October 12, 2021 for the meal count.
You must be current with your Disaster Relief credentials and depending on which course you take, you may need current classroom training. Classes being offered are:
- Bucket Truck Classroom and Hands-On Training (all day) – includes test – Must have current Chainsaw Operations & Safety classroom training OR
- Chainsaw Hands-On Training (morning class or afternoon class) – Must have current Chainsaw Operations & Safety classroom training OR
- Chainsaw Repair & Maintenance – Must have current Chainsaw Operations & Safety classroom training (Please bring a chainsaw and basic toolset. This will be a hands-on class and you will be taking your chainsaw apart for the various maintenance tasks.) OR
- Forklift Classroom (1 1/2 hours) and Hands-On Training (1 1/2 – 3 hours depending on class size) – includes test OR
- Mass Feeding Hands-On Training (all day) – Must have current Mass Feeding classroom training
Lunch – $5 person (prepared by the Mass Feeding Hands-On Class)
Click link for the agenda – 2021 Summer Specialized Training – October
Disaster Relief volunteers can now download the following forms to their computers and fill them out and bring them with you to training or send them to the DR office. By typing these forms, you are helping us save time with data entry and increasing our accuracy of keeping your records.
Use this link to find the forms: https://tndisasterrelief.org/registration-forms/