Unit Directors, DOMs, AMSs, Secretaries,
I want to thank all of you who have been working so hard to meet the needs of those affected by the flooding in Waverly. You have been doing an incredible amount of work! But there is still much to do.
Hurricane Ida is set to hit Louisiana tomorrow and if it goes as they predict, it will be a major hurricane. Now the question arises how does that affect us?
- We will continue to send teams and work in the Waverly area. Currently we have the IC, Chaplains, 4 shower units, 2 feeding teams and many recovery teams working. We will continue to send flood recovery teams as they have approximately 180 job requests and 40 have been completed. Many of these will be demolition jobs when all the insurance companies, FEMA, TEMA and the County have completed their work. Nevertheless, there is still a lot of work for a recovery team to do. If you oversee a Flood Recovery team, please look at sending a team as space permits over the next number of weeks until the work is complete.
- I am putting all remaining teams on ALERT for possible needs as a result of Hurricane Ida. Please be monitoring the situation. Currently the remnants are supposed to track through TN. If you hear of damage in your area, please respond and let me know what is happening and what your needs are. We will not respond out of state until we are requested by an affected state. Please do not self deploy.
Please pray for the following:
- Those affected by the flooding in the Waverly area, and those responding. Pray that they can rest when they have opportunity.
- For those in the path of Hurricane Ida.
- For those that will respond.
- That through both of these storms, God will be glorified and that many will come to know him as Savior.
In Christ Serving Together,