DOMs, Team Leaders and Secretaries,
Many different teams have either been out working or trying to survey different areas of the state where the flooding is taking place. Thank you to all of you who are working so hard.
We need Flood Recovery teams to assist with the work in Knoxville, TN. We have set up an IC in Glenwood BC in Powell. If you can put together a team ASAP let either Elizabeth or I know, and we will get you scheduled in. We have housing and food set up.
We have had teams working from Chattanooga, to Hamblen County, over the hills and to Middle/West TN at numerous places along the TN River and its tributaries. There are still many locations where the water has still not gone down enough to get into, especially in Decatur County and the Savannah area. We have had volunteers visit these areas many times and they still could not get into the hardest hit areas.
Please pray for these areas that are still under water; now we are supposed to have 2-3 inches more of rain the next couple of days.
The tentative plan is that when the water goes down sufficiently, we will set up operations in both Decatur County and the Savannah area. We have already received word from some churches in these areas that are willing to host an operation. I will more than likely look for other states to come in and oversee these two operations. However, I hope to augment what they want to do with some of our units such as shower and laundry. Our units can also continue working in these areas alongside of these folks as they come.
So, what do we need to be doing now…
- Pray for those who are still flooded out, those needing help, and the volunteers that will serve them.
- If you can mobilize a Flood Recovery Team, let us know ASAP with dates and number on the team.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will already be opening the hearts of those who need to hear and respond to the Gospel.
- Pray that our volunteers will have love and boldness as they serve and share their faith.
- Share this with your congregations and invite them to pray along with and for you.
- Give as the Lord leads, to allow us to carry on this operation. With hardly any national press, most people around the states do not know what is going on and the needs in TN. People can go to www.tndisasterrelief.org and click on the “Give Now” button.
Thank you all for your love for the Lord and your Passion to Serve. May God be Glorified in all you do.
In Christ Serving Together,