Tennessee Disaster Relief Training Facts:
- All volunteers must be 18 years old to serve.
- All volunteers must be a member of a cooperating Tennessee Southern Baptist church.
- To become fully credentialed, you must take at least one specialized classroom training after you have taken the prerequisite course of “Introduction to Southern Baptist Disaster Relief.”
- Disaster Relief credentials and the yellow hat/visor will be given after “Introduction to Southern Baptist Disaster Relief” and specialized classes have been taken.
- If it is has been over 5 years since you last took Introduction to Disaster Relief and/or specialized classes, you will need to take the full Introduction to Disaster Relief and classroom specialized class(es) in person at one of our trainings across the state.
It is recommended that you take the following FEMA Independent Study Courses in addition to being trained in Disaster Relief.
https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-100.b – Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-200.b – ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-700.a – National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction