If you have had Introduction to Disaster Relief and / or any specialized classes, and your class certification has expired or will expire this year, please take the opportunity and get re-certified, so that you may be able to serve when a disaster occurs.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER FOR ALL CLASSES TO HELP US WITH EITHER CLASSROOM MATERIALS AND/OR MEAL COUNTS.
If you take Introduction to Disaster Relief, you need to recertify every 3 years, regardless of activation. To take Recertification class, you must be an existing volunteer.
Click on the heading of each individual training event below for more information:
- This event has passed.
Chaplaincy (held during Regional DR Training) – Jackson (West TN)
March 2 @ 5:30 pm - March 3 @ 3:00 pm
March 2-3, 2018 – Calvary Baptist Church, 119 Oil Well Rd , Jackson, TN 38305. To pre-register for this class, contact Elizabeth Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 371-7926.
Disaster Relief Chaplaincy Class
Friday – March 2, 2018 • 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday – March 3, 2018 • 8 a.m. until … finished (approx. 2:30 p.m.)
Lunch will be provided on Saturday at $6/person and there will be breaks.
2018 Regional Training Agenda – WEST TN – click here
This training is a refresher for those who are already DR Chaplains and will be the introductory course for those who would like to become one. Remember you must have taken Introduction to Disaster Relief – the basic course – in order to take this course. You must also have a letter of recommendation from your pastor. You will need to have downloaded the new DR_Chaplain Training Manual_2016– click here . You are responsible for printing your own personal copy and for having READ THIS MANUAL before the training.
REMEMBER THERE ARE PREREQUISTES:
1. You have taken the Introduction to Disaster Relief in the last three years.
2. You have downloaded and read the new introduction to DR Chaplaincy manual, DR_Chaplain Training Manual_2016– click here .
3. You have registered.
4. You are among the first 40 people who register.
5. You have a letter of recommendation from your pastor. THIS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE THE TRAINING.
1) Select the form below.
2) Fill in all the blanks that are shaded in blue.
3) Print the form AND initial and sign in the required places.
4) Bring the completed forms with you to training.
By typing these forms, you are helping us save time with data entry and increasing our accuracy of keeping your records.